Have you ever wanted to get involved with international projects and help steer an international organisation? If so, this is an opportunity for you!
As an EYCA Youth Panel member, you will be asked to provide insights, act as an EYC ambassador, advocate for the issues you feel passionate about and organise a large-scale project to give a similar opportunity to other young people.
Over the next two-year mandate, the Youth Panel will focus on the four following areas:
- Represent EYCA in external events and join our internal meetings. They’ll have the opportunity to speak on behalf of EYCA at international events and join our Board & regional group meetings to better understand how EYCA functions. This joint role is to make sure that young people are at the centre of our organisation.
- Offer feedback and suggestions on EYCA’s activities and organisation. As ambassadors of the European Youth Card, their ideas on how to improve our initiatives are key.
- Deliver the Rural Youth Camp. This youth-led project will see dozens of young people come together and brainstorms new ways to increase youth participation in rural areas. The Youth Panel will be responsible for organising this, with the assistance of the EYCA team of course.
- Develop the Youth Panel’s communication and visibility. The Youth Panel will be continually thinking about how to increase the reach of their initiatives to get new people involved. Encouraging civic participation among young people is a big ambition of the Youth Panel.
To apply, you will have to record a short video about yourself and applications are open to those who meet the following criteria:
- Aged 18-29 years old
- Have a valid European Youth Card on the date you apply
- Good command of English – Everything will be in English, but you’ll be encouraged to use your national language when reaching out to your peers.
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally to events around Europe. At the very least, you should join the physical meetings (February, July, and October 2023; locations TBC) and the online meetings of the Youth Panel.
- Strong motivation to be part of the EYCA Youth Panel and in a position to commit for 2 years.
On November 13th at 5pm you can join an online 30 minute Q&A session with current Youth Panel Members to ask questions about being involved and learn more about the EYCA Youth Panel. Register to attend this event here.
For more information about the application process and how to apply, head to the EYCA webpage. Closing date is Sunday 27th November.
Thanks for reading, to redeem your points answer the question below correctly and they will be automatically added to your account.
About European Youth Card Association (EYCA)
European Youth Card Association (EYCA) are a non-governmental, not-for-profit association of 40 member organisations that issue the European Youth Card to over 6 million young people in 38 countries across Europe. Our mission is to support more young people to be socially, culturally, educationally, and economically mobile by delivering quality European Youth Card services and by contributing to better youth policy. We do this to achieve our vision of a Europe where all young people are mobile and active.
To find more about European Youth Card Association (EYCA), click here