Keep Scotland Beautiful are inviting you to host your own One Planet Picnic!
One Planet Picnic is a picnic that is good for you and good for the planet! Take the lead on a One Planet Picnic, invite your friends and enjoy a delicious, sustainable picnic in your own garden or local park! Planning your picnic food can help reduce waste; preparing your own food is rewarding; and sharing food with friends and family is fun!
For sustainable ingredients, think about:
- Locally grown fresh food that is in season.
- Fairly traded ingredients.
- Ingredients that have been grown organically.
There are lots of reasons to take part!
- It’s a fun way to try out new tastes or enjoy old favourites.
- Buying local produce means your money supports local people and businesses.
- You can begin to recognise and enjoy foods that are better for the environment (as well as for you).
- It’s something you can do with friends and family.
Find out more and register at the Keep Scotland Beautiful website. You can collect 150 points for registering!
About Keep Scotland Beautiful
Keep Scotland Beautiful campaign, act and educate on a range of local, national and global issues to improve the quality of people's lives and the places they care for.
To find more about Keep Scotland Beautiful, click here