The DigiKnow? Award is an opportunity that will help you learn how to be protect yourself from online threats, gain an accredited certificate and hear more about interesting careers in the digital world such as coding, social media and digital designing.
The DigiKnow? Award is spilt into two units hosted by Glasgow Kelvin College and you will gain an SCQF Level 4 qualification on completion of each of these units. It is open to all young people in Scotland aged 11 and up, with parental consent required for under 13’s.
Through Glasgow Kelvin College Moodle site, you will have access to course tutors, resources, content, assessments and digital badges.
The course is entirely self-led so you can complete the course at your own pace, in your own time and Young Scot staff are on-hand to support whenever you need it.
By the end of the programme, you will be able to;
- Stay safe and protected from online harms
- Spot online threats
- Understand the impact of technology use
- Be aware of the range of job opportunities available in cyber careers
Why get involved?
- Get a free Level 4 SCQF qualification
- Develop skills in cyber resilience, online safety and analysing what you see online
- Boost your CV
- Develop your understanding of career pathways
- Share your knowledge with other young people
- Get Young Scot reward points and a chance to win exciting prizes such as gift vouchers and iPads
You will receive 500 Reward Points after the completion of each unit and 1000 points for completing the Award to congratulate you on your hard work!
For more information you can register your interest here or contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about the DigiKnow? Award head to young.scot/digiknow.
Want to start a career in Cyber Security? Well, 'Digi Know?' is here to help! We've put together a guide filled with fun ways to learn digital skills and alternative ways to get into the industry, as well as info on how to stay safe online!
To find more about DigiKnow, click here