Inspire change in your community and nationally by challenging an organisation to sign up to the Power of Youth Charter in Scotland.
Do you think organisations in Scotland need to do more to include and listen to young people? Do you want to volunteer your time, take action on an issue that matters to you and make a difference for your community but you don’t know where to start? Or maybe you know an organisation who is already amazing at supporting young people and could help to inspire others to do the same? We need your help!
#IWill Scotland is challenging organisations from across all of society to sign up to our new Power of Youth Charter and make a commitment to young people in Scotland to:
- Provide young people with opportunities to take part in high quality volunteering and social action activities. (Social action is defined as an activity that makes a difference to others, a community, society or the environment. It includes volunteering, campaigning, mentoring, fundraising and activism)
- Offer opportunities for young people to be part of their decision-making structures.
- Listen to and work with young people to create positive change.
- Celebrate and recognise the contributions that young people are making across Scotland.
We would love if you could join the #IWill movement by encouraging organisations in your local area to the sign up to the Power of Youth charter! You can do this by:
- Sending a letter/email to leaders of organisations asking them to commit to the charter. We have created a template letter that you can use here.
- Tagging organisations on social media! You can download our Power of Youth Graphic for Twitter here and Instagram here. We’ve included a template social media post below for you to use but also feel free to create your own.
Example Social Media post:
The future is uncertain. By empowering young people like me, today, we can build a better tomorrow.
I'm challenging [ORG] to sign the #PowerOfYouth Charter & commit to working with young people for the years ahead.
Thank you so much for helping us to build an #IWill movement in Scotland and helping us achieve our vision of a society where all young people can take action, make a difference and influence change!
You can find out more about #IWill in Scotland and please follow our social media accounts, follow #IWill Scotland on Twitter and #IWill Scotland on Instagram.
Thanks for reading!
Your points code is MT84IFUR
The iWill campaign promotes social action among 10-20 year-olds. This includes activities such as campaigning, fundraising and volunteering, all of which create a double benefit, to communities and young people themselves.
To find more about #iWill, click here