Are you aged 10-24? Do you want to make a difference in your local area and beyond?
Applications are open now and #IWill are looking for young people from variety of backgrounds who have a passion for making a difference to communities and society. Ambassadors are selected because they demonstrate a strong commitment to social action and have stories to tell that can inspire others to take part in social action.
What is youth social action?
Youth social action is activity that a young person leads or participates in that makes a positive contribution to society or the environment.
It can include loads such as:
- Peer mentoring
- Litter picks
Who can apply?
If you are aged 10-24 and passionate about social action, then you can apply to be an #IWill Ambassador. You could be from any kind of background, anywhere in the UK.
What will an Ambassador do?
- Lead and influence strategic decisions and share ideas to achieve the vision of the #IWill Movement by attending online and in-person meetings and events
- Demonstrate the #IWill Movement’s impact through your social action and lived experiences
- Encourage and inspire young people in your community to take their first steps in social action
- Work with partners, organisations and young people to equip and enable young people to shape and lead change in their own lives and communities, this could include campaigning and directly influencing government and decision makers
- Encourage organisations in your network to sign up to the Power of Youth Charter, which demonstrates their commitment to young people
- Encourage young people to join the #IWill Movement and make a positive impact in their communities
- Support #IWill activities including the annual Power of Youth Day and #IWill week
What happens after I apply?
The #iWill Movement will assess applications. Shortlisted applicants in Scotland will be invited to a call on Monday 19th June. If your application is successful your online induction will take place on Tuesday 25 July 2023 from 5:30 – 7:30pm and an optional all travel and expenses paid for residential from 7 – 9 August 2023 at Avon Tyrell Outdoor Centre.
How to apply
To apply to be an #IWill Ambassador, complete the application form. The closing date for applications is Sunday 11 June at 11.59pm. If you need help with your application, or would like to have an informal chat about this role, please do get in touch with the #IWill Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before applying, it is important to review the Data Protection Privacy Notice, which explains what data will be collected about you and how it will be used.
The #IWill campaign promotes social action among 10-24 year-olds. This includes activities such as campaigning, fundraising and volunteering, all of which create a double benefit, to communities and young people themselves.
To find more about #IWill, click here