Young Scot have partnered with ScotWest to help Young Carers start their saving journey!
Is there something you would like to save up for in the future? Or would you like to have more independence? We are offering 16-17 year olds a savings account with ScotWest and we are giving you £50 to kick start your savings.
Why you should think about saving money -
Saving money gives you peace of mind for anything unexpected that comes up. It can give you freedom to make your own choices and it can also help you work towards something fun such as new clothes, a holiday or even a car.
Money&Me has helpful information on why you should think about starting to save money and how to get started.
How to Redeem
To claim this reward, you will be given a unique code after clicking ‘Get Now’. This code will need to be entered on the ScotWest website to open your account and receive your £50. Your name will also be shared with ScotWest to allow them to approve your application.
To open a ScotWest account, you will require one form of identification and one proof of address.
For identification, you will need one of the following:
- Young Scot National Entitlement Card
- Current signed passport
- Current UK full driving licence
- Birth certificate
- National Insurance Number notification letter
- Other current PASS card (Citzencard, Validate UK, Age Entitlement, Civillian, One-ID4u)
For proof of address, you will need one of the following:
- Current UK full driving license
- Bank or building society statement dated within the last 3 months (not online version)
- National Insurance Number Notification Letter
- Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA) award letter
- Utility or landline telephone bill dated within the last 3 months
- Council tax bill dated within the last 12 months
- ScotWest will also accept a document which has been sent to the applicant from an official body such as a local authority
- Any of the above address to a parent/guardian in the same household.
About Scotwest Credit Union Limited
Scotwest Credit Union is one of the largest credit unions in the UK, existing to provide ethical, competitive and fair financial services to anyone that lives or works within the West of Scotland, Stirling, Perth & Kinross, Dumfries & Galloway and the Scottish Highlands.
Scotwest offers loans, mortgages and savings accounts. The products are similar to those of Banks; however Scotwest is a financial mutual and therefore is member owned.